From the Desk of Dudley Brown
Mid-Term Election Recap
January 9, 2019
We have a fight on our hands.
The anti-gun Democrats that campaigned in 2018 on gun control are taking office and want to make their radical views law. With the legislature in full swing, several ANTI-GUN bills could be introduced as early as NEXT WEEK.
The worst part, Governor Jared Polis is leading the charge to take away our rights. He left no doubt by co-sponsoring a Clinton-Feinstein gun ban threatening to revive and expand the so-called “assault weapons ban” in his final days in Congress and I am afraid he is ready to do the same thing right here in Colorado.
As the session starts, it is critical that our voice is heard.
Without your help, Polis and his cronies will have free rein to ram through more GUN CONTROL.
Not only have they been talking about a complete ban on so-called assault weapons but they have even promised to reintroduce the “red flag” GUN CONFISCATION bill.
BUT it doesn’t stop there. Here is a partial list of bills that could be introduced:
- Strengthen the 2013 Magazine ban against legal challenges.
- More Intrusive Brady Background Checks..
- “Lock up your safety” gun storage restrictions.
- Prohibit adults under 21 from buying firearms.
- Outlaw sales of silencers/suppressors.
- Require license/registration to purchase firearm, like the Firearms Owner ID card in Illinois.
- A waiting period for purchase of firearm.
- Make concealed carry a crime on college campus.
- Outlaw open carry, like Denver and Boulder.
- Prohibit concealed carry in cultural facilities.
- Concealed Carry training classes to be standardized.
- Make gun owners criminals if they don’t report stolen weapons following precise guidelines.
- Require gun dealers to lock up merchandise, even though they already do this.
- Repeal ban on lawsuits for firearms manufacturers.
- Repeal Colorado’s Preemption law.
We have a tough fight ahead of us and your involvement is critical, we can NOT back down!
Please act now.
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners